It’s back to school time, and LPPL has valuable tools for your success!
Students of all ages, parents, teachers, school staff and homeschooling families can access valuable tools at any nearby library branch. Get your free library card today so that you begin the school year prepared.
Need homework help? Tutor.com provides live one-on-one help for students in kindergarten through college, Sunday through Thursday from 2:00 to 10:00 pm. An Adult Education and Career Center is available Sunday through Thursday from 10:00am to 10:00pm.
Have a required reading list? Check out our catalog. We will do our best to get those required readings into your hands ASAP.
Need help starting a research paper or making a PowerPoint presentation? Need help studying for the GRE, ACT, SAT, or other tests? Call your library to Book a Librarian and receive one-on-one help with these tasks, and many more.
Teachers, call in to book a field trip so your students can receive a guided tour to all the library has to offer. Schedule a librarian visit to your classroom or school library to educate students on all resources we have to offer. We will provide reference tutorials, assistance in navigating online encyclopedias and databases, and guidance for creating citations and bibliographies. If you have an educational need, we want to partner with you to meet it.
Here are a few library resources and services to keep in mind as you make your way to a successful completion of the 2014-2015 school year:
- Free computer Internet use
- Inexpensive printing and photocopying
- Research assistance by phone, email, or in-person.
- E-books & e-audiobooks from Axis 360, Overdrive, and TumbleBookCloud.
- Fiction and non-fiction CD audiobooks.
- Non-fiction DVD collection.
- Local history and genealogy collection.
- Ever-growing multicultural, Spanish and bilingual collection.
- Language learning online.
- Access to every circulating library book, DVD, or CD in the parish from the branch nearest you.
- Online Research Databases for students and teachers (including Encyclopaedia Britannica, World Book Online Encyclopedia, Literati by Credo, Student Research Center, World Almanac for Kids, Learning Express, Gale Virtual Reference Library, and many more).
After all the hard work, students, parents, and teachers need to relax and recharge. Use your library card and digital device to enjoy a free movie, listen to free music, or unwind with a digital comic book or magazine. Want to get out and do something fun? Check out our events calendar for after school clubs, crafts, programs and activities for all ages. Check out some books, audio books, magazines, and DVDs while you are here.
Your library card is the ticket to all your back to school needs!